What I’ve been up to lately. The 3 people out there that actually read this silly thing. Well, the truth of the matter is I haven’t been up to much. I barely hit the gym in the last few months, but I have watched a lot of Game of Thrones. 6 more episodes and we’ll be ready for the new season Sunday!
I haven’t even really done much board gaming or Sims 4 playing. I have read the first 3 Jem and the Hologram graphic novels and all of Locke and Key. So that’s something. To be perfectly honest I’ve been in a bit of a slump, and it’s taken me a while to start seeing a way out. I’m getting there. Slowly, and I’m looking forward to getting back to some Sims 4 streaming actually! I’m going to start working on a regular streaming schedule, and I’m looking into ways to record my sessions to post to Youtube, maybe. I’m still not sure if that’s something I want to do. I’ve spent some time building stuff lately, and I want to stretch that creative muscle some more so I’m thinking about doing some speed build videos, but there’s already SO MANY of those I’m not really sure if it’s even worth it, but if I’m going to be doing the building anyways I may as well record it and see what happens.
Continue reading “You May Be Wondering…”
TWO MONTHS! I knew I wasn’t going to be able to keep up with a regular posting schedule. #noregrets. It’s been busy ya’ll. Here’s the highlights:
- Spent all of December packing up the house. Took several trips to drop stuff at second hand shops.
- Closed and moved into the new house the week before Christmas while I had a cold. Yippie!
- Hosted family dinner FOUR DAYS after moving. Family dinner was supposed to happen, then it wasn’t happening, and then family decided THE DAY OF that they were coming. Which means we ordered pizza since we didn’t have anything else prepared. Whoohoo. It was awesome (sarcasm).
- Had a quiet Christmas Day with just our tiny little family.
- Had a few friends over for NYE. At this point the new house was mostly put together.
- Didn’t track food/alcohol well over the moving and holidays so gained a bit of weight back.
- Since the beginning of the year I’ve been working(ish) to get back on track. Meal prepping, going to the gym at least twice a week (I’m gaining muscle yay!), and tracking calories daily.
- Cutting BACK, but not cutting OUT alcohol.
- Started playing Glooomhaven. Pretty sure that’s going to be happening for 2 years at the rate we’re all able to play.
- Got a Switch for Christmas! Played through Fire Emblem Warriors and now I’m playing through Octopath Traveller. Super enjoying Octopath so far.
- Crocheted myself a blanket while house bound due to snow/weather!
- And lastly. The old house is scheduled to close in February!
Whew! That’s everything of importance. Obviously I’ve continued playing board games through all of this, and my new gaming room is nice! Trying to figure out what I want to do as a content creator in the realm of board games or even video games.
I’m still trying to figure out what I want to do with this space other than just being a brain dump. I have a lot of ideas for a lot of things. I’m just terrible at executing.
Hope everyone’s New Year is starting well! Talk to you all in like two months when I post again!
It’s been ten days since I started intermittent fasting to help me stay within my calorie deficit. I really thought it would be difficult to skip breakfast, but so far it hasn’t! I was already waiting until 9 a.m. to eat breakfast, so waiting another two hours hasn’t been bad. I don’t feel any more hungry than normal before lunch. I drink my 14 ounces of coffee and roughly 60 ounces of water before lunch. Last week I prepped bigger lunches thinking I was going to be starving, but then I could only eat about half of them. So this week I packed a normal sized lunch for me, and it’s been great!
A few things I’ve noticed (good and kind of meh) during the last ten days.
- I’ve lost 4 pounds since 9/23.
- I feel more awake and alert through the day, not overly tired after lunch like usual.
- I get up and move more because I have to go to the bathroom so much!
- I drink a minimum of a gallon of water every day.
- I’m cold all morning, and sometimes in the afternoon too.
- Having only an 8 hour window to eat in has helped me stay at a deficit.
- Working out again has been great, though I’ve twinged something in my shoulder (owwww).
Overall, I’m feeling pretty good about this. I’ve been able to splurge a little more at dinner time without feeling guilty and going over my deficit. I’ve been staying between 1200-1500 calories each day. Last weekend I thought I wasn’t going to be able to skip breakfast because I always make a big breakfast for our tiny family, but I didn’t get hungry either day until close to 11. This means in the future I can plan a delicious brunch!
I’ve been keeping a close eye on macros. My carb intake has always been high, but it’s generally lower than my usual now. I’m focusing on increasing my protein intake for next week. Going to add Greek yogurt to my snacks. Maybe replacing the fruit with that.
Also, this week I did get back to my yoga and free weight at home routine. As I said above I twinged my shoulder last night, but otherwise these small workouts have made me feel a lot better physically and mentally. I’m feeling pretty good about all aspects of life right now. Yay!
Warning: This subject may be sensitive for some people, and also this is long, rambly, and just a stream of consciousness. You’ve been warned!
I want to talk about health and weight loss. I know it’s a sensitive subject for many, but it helps me stay motivated to write it all out.
I have lost and gained and lost and gained and lost and gained for so long. I was on a good weight loss path again when I got pregnant. Of course I gained then, but it was way more than necessary. I stopped even trying to eat healthily. I was just constantly hungry. After having Lizzy I got back on the scale and was nearly forty pounds over the weight I was when I got pregnant. I cried. I cried a lot.
When I was younger, even in high school, weight was not something I ever had to worry about. I ate what I wanted, drank what I wanted, and was constantly being told how thin and fit I was. The thing is, I was also very active. I never learned how to cook. Never learned what was healthy vs unhealthy. Over the last, ugh, so many years I’ve learned a lot about food, preparing food, calorie counting, every single diet under the sun, and now I’m trying to learn how to just take care of myself.
Continue reading “Health and Weight Loss Rambling”
It looks perfect outside my office window. It felt like fall on my way into the office today. I just want to be out there. Maybe with a book. Maybe for a walk. Maybe just to sit and close my eyes. According to my phone it’s 61 degrees, and I don’t see a single cloud in the sky.
Here’s the view from my office. I know it doesn’t look like much, but that sky is just screaming at me to be outside.
I’m feeling, well, to be honest, not much this morning. I have a headache and no motivation for work or really anything. I’ve been struggling with this feeling for a few days now. When I get home from work I do all the things that need to be done for the kiddo, but nothing extra. I’ve stopped doing my yoga. I just sit on the couch. Maybe I’ll play Sims 4, but generally I just sit there. Not really focusing on the TV, the boyfriend, or anything.
I know it’s a phase, and I know it’ll pass. I need to find the motivations/will/strength to just do the things. I need to sit down and record my first segment for The Shuffle. I have my notes written for it. It will take me less than half an hour to record and edit it. I just can’t seem to make myself do it.
Writing this is just making me sad too. Should I even post this? I’m not even keeping up with the goal I gave myself for this blog, but I’ve decided that doesn’t matter so much since it’s my personal space. I can write as much as I want and when I feel like it, right?
I keep getting frustrated with myself because I have all these ideas and things I want to do, but then I can’t find the time/energy/motivation to actually do them. I get scared too because some of the ideas are so big and over my head, and I’m terrified to even try. So instead I sit here and get angry with myself for not doing anything. What a vicious circle.
Tonight I’m going to do my yoga routine. Even if I do nothing else. I’m going to do that. I need to. It’ll make me feel better both physically and mentally. I at least haven’t been skipping on my walks at work. Probably because I like the excuse to get up from my desk. Maybe I’ll go for a walk outside today. Though I’m afraid that’ll mean I won’t want to come back in…