After my last post I updated my resume, and started my job hunt in earnest. It, thankfully, didn’t take too long for me to land something, and I started my new job at the beginning of September! So far, it’s been more fulfilling than the last job, and that’s exactly what I was hoping for. I switched from a worldwide organization to a small local office, and the atmosphere is just so much better. I couldn’t be happier with this decision. My job is different enough to feel new, but the same enough that I feel like I’m capable enough only three weeks in. Feels good.
TWO MONTHS! I knew I wasn’t going to be able to keep up with a regular posting schedule. #noregrets. It’s been busy ya’ll. Here’s the highlights:
- Spent all of December packing up the house. Took several trips to drop stuff at second hand shops.
- Closed and moved into the new house the week before Christmas while I had a cold. Yippie!
- Hosted family dinner FOUR DAYS after moving. Family dinner was supposed to happen, then it wasn’t happening, and then family decided THE DAY OF that they were coming. Which means we ordered pizza since we didn’t have anything else prepared. Whoohoo. It was awesome (sarcasm).
- Had a quiet Christmas Day with just our tiny little family.
- Had a few friends over for NYE. At this point the new house was mostly put together.
- Didn’t track food/alcohol well over the moving and holidays so gained a bit of weight back.
- Since the beginning of the year I’ve been working(ish) to get back on track. Meal prepping, going to the gym at least twice a week (I’m gaining muscle yay!), and tracking calories daily.
- Cutting BACK, but not cutting OUT alcohol.
- Started playing Glooomhaven. Pretty sure that’s going to be happening for 2 years at the rate we’re all able to play.
- Got a Switch for Christmas! Played through Fire Emblem Warriors and now I’m playing through Octopath Traveller. Super enjoying Octopath so far.
- Crocheted myself a blanket while house bound due to snow/weather!
- And lastly. The old house is scheduled to close in February!
Whew! That’s everything of importance. Obviously I’ve continued playing board games through all of this, and my new gaming room is nice! Trying to figure out what I want to do as a content creator in the realm of board games or even video games.
I’m still trying to figure out what I want to do with this space other than just being a brain dump. I have a lot of ideas for a lot of things. I’m just terrible at executing.
Hope everyone’s New Year is starting well! Talk to you all in like two months when I post again!
I’ve posted about my weight loss and fitness goals in the past. Here’s an update! I’m 2 months in to Intermittent Fasting. I really thought I would miss breakfast, but I haven’t so much. I still eat breakfast for dinner sometimes because bacon. Mmmmm. So, here’s some updates!
- 9/21 Weight: 169.8 – 11/27 Weight: 158.6 – 11.2 pounds lost. Averaging a little over 1 pound a week.
- On a side note: On 10/14 I was down to 156.4, but a few pounds have been gained due to some poor food/alcohol choices.
- Measurement changes:
- Neck: 14″ to 13″ – 1″ loss
- Bust: 39″ to 38″ – 1″ loss
- Waist: 34.5″ to 32.5″ – 2″ loss
- Hips 39″ to 38″ – 1″ loss
- I walk 10-12k steps each day that I’m actually in the office. On average this is 4-5 days a week.
- In October I managed to do yoga and light weight workouts at home 10 times. Not enough, but better than nothing.
- In November I did worse. Only 4 days of home workouts so far. 😦
- In December I’m joining a gym, and will be going Saturday and Sunday mornings, and potentially one night a week after the kiddo goes to bed. I still plan on doing home workouts on the days I can’t get to the gym. A minimum of 3 days of workouts a week.
- I’m fucking freezing until I get up and move before lunch. I have 14oz of coffee in my drive to work, but then it’s all water before lunch. Anywhere from 60-80oz in general before I break my fast at 11.
- Food Stuffs:
- I definitely do better on staying between the 1200-1400 calories when I meal plan and prep my lunches/snacks for the week. Last week was basically a bust because of holiday stuff. I know that’s an excuse, and I can still use moderation and self control when at family holiday dinners, but that’s just no fun.
- As far as macros; I’m not super tracking these right now, but I am trying to hit at least 80grams of protein each day because it does help me feel fuller longer.
- I try to make it so my lunch/snack meal prep doesn’t take longer than an hour in the kitchen because I just don’t want to be there that long. That means that some weeks I’m eating lunchmeat, raw fruits and veggies, hard boiled eggs, and cheese. Where I don’t have to cook anything. This week it’s turkey meatloaf with raw fruits and veggies and cheese. Since it’s getting colder here it is nice to have warmer lunches.
So! That’s what’s been going on. On top of all of this we’ve been packing up the house getting ready to move next month, playing board games, and trying to generally still live and enjoy life.
It’s been ten days since I started intermittent fasting to help me stay within my calorie deficit. I really thought it would be difficult to skip breakfast, but so far it hasn’t! I was already waiting until 9 a.m. to eat breakfast, so waiting another two hours hasn’t been bad. I don’t feel any more hungry than normal before lunch. I drink my 14 ounces of coffee and roughly 60 ounces of water before lunch. Last week I prepped bigger lunches thinking I was going to be starving, but then I could only eat about half of them. So this week I packed a normal sized lunch for me, and it’s been great!
A few things I’ve noticed (good and kind of meh) during the last ten days.
- I’ve lost 4 pounds since 9/23.
- I feel more awake and alert through the day, not overly tired after lunch like usual.
- I get up and move more because I have to go to the bathroom so much!
- I drink a minimum of a gallon of water every day.
- I’m cold all morning, and sometimes in the afternoon too.
- Having only an 8 hour window to eat in has helped me stay at a deficit.
- Working out again has been great, though I’ve twinged something in my shoulder (owwww).
Overall, I’m feeling pretty good about this. I’ve been able to splurge a little more at dinner time without feeling guilty and going over my deficit. I’ve been staying between 1200-1500 calories each day. Last weekend I thought I wasn’t going to be able to skip breakfast because I always make a big breakfast for our tiny family, but I didn’t get hungry either day until close to 11. This means in the future I can plan a delicious brunch!
I’ve been keeping a close eye on macros. My carb intake has always been high, but it’s generally lower than my usual now. I’m focusing on increasing my protein intake for next week. Going to add Greek yogurt to my snacks. Maybe replacing the fruit with that.
Also, this week I did get back to my yoga and free weight at home routine. As I said above I twinged my shoulder last night, but otherwise these small workouts have made me feel a lot better physically and mentally. I’m feeling pretty good about all aspects of life right now. Yay!