After my last post I updated my resume, and started my job hunt in earnest. It, thankfully, didn’t take too long for me to land something, and I started my new job at the beginning of September! So far, it’s been more fulfilling than the last job, and that’s exactly what I was hoping for. I switched from a worldwide organization to a small local office, and the atmosphere is just so much better. I couldn’t be happier with this decision. My job is different enough to feel new, but the same enough that I feel like I’m capable enough only three weeks in. Feels good.
I know I made no promises to myself or anyone else about updating this space with any kind of regularity. I know I promised myself I would take it easy on myself for slipping on the diet/exercise train. I know I’m only human, but I’ve been kind of down on myself lately.
From a post back in April I made this awesome list of things I wanted to do, and I’ve done none of them. Well, I have played more Sims 4, and I did do some streaming for a bit. Set a schedule and everything, but then I couldn’t keep up with it. I’m not sure if going back to streaming is even something I want to do now.
- Like I said earlier, actually set a schedule for Sims 4 streaming.
- Create some board game crossword puzzles. I just think that could be a fun monthly post here. If I can find a way so people can do the crossword on the site instead of printing it out that’d be great!
- Just post more here, even if it’s silly stuff like this post.
- Play more solo board games! This will include finishing my current game of Legacy of Dragonholt, and working through my backlog of games since most of them I got for solo gaming anyways.
Every week (well, most every week) I write up a meal plan to get the family through the week. I write up my grocery list as I’m doing this so I don’t forget anything important. Sunday I go to the grocery store (sometimes I use our grocery store’s pick up service where I order everything online and they bring it to my car) and prep my snacks and lunches for the five day work week ahead. Some weeks I cook a lot. Some weeks I don’t. This was a week I decided to do very little cooking. I’m going to share some pictures and the calorie and macro breakdowns for these things.
- 4oz honey smoked turkey breast – 140 calories
- Hard boiled egg (not pictured) – 70 calories
- 28grams garlic hummus – 70 calories
- Green/yellow/orange bell peppers – 35 calories
- 50grams green seedless grapes – 35 calories
Totals: 350 calories | 23g Carbs | 12g Fat | 36g Protein
It doesn’t look like much, but I promise it’s filling! However, I may regret not having warm food for my lunches this week since it’s supposed to be bitterly cold!
I have A LOT of calories tied up in snacks. Sometimes I eat them all, sometimes I skip some of the snacks in favor of a big dinner.
- Babybel cheese – 70 calories
- Light string cheese – 50 calories
- 150grams vanilla greek yogurt – 113 calories
- 50grams blueberries – 29 calories
- 1oz dark chocolate almonds (not pictured) – 160 calories
Totals: 422 calories | 31g Carbs | 22g Fat | 31g Protein
On most days I’m looking to stick to 1300 calories. On the days I lift I’ll be closer to 1500 with some added post-workout food stuffs.
My macros for 1300 days: 110g Carbs | 50g Fat | 105g Protein. For 1500 calorie days these will all increase evenly. 20g Carbs, 15g Fat, and 20g Protein added.
Over the last few months I’ve been slowly increasing my protein. I’ve always struggled to get enough in the past since I don’t want to add protein powders. Nothing against them. I just don’t want the added expense.
I spent roughly an hour in the kitchen getting all of this together. I could’ve gotten this done in 45 minutes, but I took my time since the kiddo was napping.
I’m feeling pretty good about food/workouts for this week. I have a dedicated gym work day on Wednesday, and I’ll go again Friday night, Saturday, or Sunday to round out the week. And as long as I’m not overly sore (like today) I’ll do a home lifting routine another day this week.
I’m planning on posting these each week. If people are interested I can add my dinners to this also. While my snacks and lunches will be the same through the week dinners will not.