What I’ve been up to lately. The 3 people out there that actually read this silly thing. Well, the truth of the matter is I haven’t been up to much. I barely hit the gym in the last few months, but I have watched a lot of Game of Thrones. 6 more episodes and we’ll be ready for the new season Sunday!
I haven’t even really done much board gaming or Sims 4 playing. I have read the first 3 Jem and the Hologram graphic novels and all of Locke and Key. So that’s something. To be perfectly honest I’ve been in a bit of a slump, and it’s taken me a while to start seeing a way out. I’m getting there. Slowly, and I’m looking forward to getting back to some Sims 4 streaming actually! I’m going to start working on a regular streaming schedule, and I’m looking into ways to record my sessions to post to Youtube, maybe. I’m still not sure if that’s something I want to do. I’ve spent some time building stuff lately, and I want to stretch that creative muscle some more so I’m thinking about doing some speed build videos, but there’s already SO MANY of those I’m not really sure if it’s even worth it, but if I’m going to be doing the building anyways I may as well record it and see what happens.
Now that I’ve rambled a bit lets talk about some things I’m actively working on now:
- Getting back to meal planning and prepping. Gaining 7 pounds back in the last 2 months has me kinda bummed. I’ve been lacking both the motivation and the discipline to keep it going. Trying to get the discipline back on track because then the motivation will follow.
- I actually went to the gym twice this week! And I have a personal training session schedule for tomorrow so that’s a good thing. Sunday I actually did several sets of deadlifts at the gym for the first time ever. I’m pretty proud of myself. My highest weight was 70 pounds!
- Baby blankets! I’ve made 2 for friends so far, and now I get to make 2 more for just one friend! TWINS!!
- Reading. Currently working on Tiamat’s Wrath, the latest book in the Expanse series. Also listening to an audio book about parenting called Duct Tape Parenting.
- Studying to take my CRISC exam for work.
- Spending time with my kiddo and boyfriend. I realize I put this one at the end of the list, but it’s been important. Lizzy had her first haircut recently, and with the weather getting warmer we’ve been trying to spend more time outside.
I’ve known for a while that I have too many interests and hobbies and not enough time for all of them. I have several creative things that I want to do, but having a hard time finding the focus to sit down and do any of them. I think the first thing I’m going to get back to is my weekly board game haikus. These are easy enough to write and schedule to post. I just need to do the thing. Other things I’ve been thinking about:
- Like I said earlier, actually set a schedule for Sims 4 streaming.
- Create some board game crossword puzzles. I just think that could be a fun monthly post here. If I can find a way so people can do the crossword on the site instead of printing it out that’d be great!
- Just post more here, even if it’s silly stuff like this post.
- Play more solo board games! This will include finishing my current game of Legacy of Dragonholt, and working through my backlog of games since most of them I got for solo gaming anyways.
I’m sure there’s more, but I can’t think of them right now. There’s plenty there to keep me busy anyways.
Really I’m trying to find things to look forward to outside of my 40 hour work week because I’m just not feeling super motivated by my job these days. I love the people I work with and all the benefits I get, but I’m feeling kind of meh about the job itself. I’m hoping this is just part of the depression that’s hit me the last few weeks, but I’m starting to think it’s just a lack of enjoyment in the work I’ve been doing.
ANYWAYS! There’s my update. Please lookout for my Sims 4 streaming schedule!