It’s been ten days since I started intermittent fasting to help me stay within my calorie deficit. I really thought it would be difficult to skip breakfast, but so far it hasn’t! I was already waiting until 9 a.m. to eat breakfast, so waiting another two hours hasn’t been bad. I don’t feel any more hungry than normal before lunch. I drink my 14 ounces of coffee and roughly 60 ounces of water before lunch. Last week I prepped bigger lunches thinking I was going to be starving, but then I could only eat about half of them. So this week I packed a normal sized lunch for me, and it’s been great!
A few things I’ve noticed (good and kind of meh) during the last ten days.
- I’ve lost 4 pounds since 9/23.
- I feel more awake and alert through the day, not overly tired after lunch like usual.
- I get up and move more because I have to go to the bathroom so much!
- I drink a minimum of a gallon of water every day.
- I’m cold all morning, and sometimes in the afternoon too.
- Having only an 8 hour window to eat in has helped me stay at a deficit.
- Working out again has been great, though I’ve twinged something in my shoulder (owwww).
Overall, I’m feeling pretty good about this. I’ve been able to splurge a little more at dinner time without feeling guilty and going over my deficit. I’ve been staying between 1200-1500 calories each day. Last weekend I thought I wasn’t going to be able to skip breakfast because I always make a big breakfast for our tiny family, but I didn’t get hungry either day until close to 11. This means in the future I can plan a delicious brunch!
I’ve been keeping a close eye on macros. My carb intake has always been high, but it’s generally lower than my usual now. I’m focusing on increasing my protein intake for next week. Going to add Greek yogurt to my snacks. Maybe replacing the fruit with that.
Also, this week I did get back to my yoga and free weight at home routine. As I said above I twinged my shoulder last night, but otherwise these small workouts have made me feel a lot better physically and mentally. I’m feeling pretty good about all aspects of life right now. Yay!